I always struggle to pick a “favorite” ride or attraction at Walt Disney World. In fact, I almost hate when someone asks me what my favorite one is. How do you choose? There are so many that are so good, and being someone who has traveled to the WDW frequently over the last 30 years, I have had different favorites during different seasons of my life. But those that were my most favorite as a kid still hold dear memories for me now. But, if I had to rank them, I would surely put this one in my top 5. Today’s Friday Five Facts is Peter Pan’s Flight in Magic Kingdom.
1. This attraction is a ride in the dark, with suspended ride vehicles. You ride in Captain Hook’s pirate ship.
2. Your journey takes you through several scenes. You first visit the Darling’s nursery, then fly over London at night. Then the second star to the right and straight on to morning you arrive in Neverland. A quick swing through Pirate’s Cove and then you’ll return to the nursery safe and sound leaving Captain Hook behind.
3. Peter Pan’s Flight uses Omnimover style ramps, like those found in the Haunted Mansion at the loading and unloading areas.
4. An original attraction to the Magic Kingdom park, Peter Pan’s flight originally opened October 1st, 1971, the opening day of the Magic Kingdom.
5. There are many things to look for during the ride. These things include: Raggedy Ann and Andy in the nursery, the Lost Boys camp, Mermaid Lagoon, St. Paul’s Cathedral and Big Ben.
So share your thoughts with me on Peter Pan’s Flight! Have you experienced it? What do you think? Is it a favorite? A must do or a must skip for you? Let me know in the comments below!
Melissa Furches is a travel agent who specializes in Disney travel. If you are interested in booking your own family vacation to Walt Disney World, Disneyland or Disney Cruise Line, please contact Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org or on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/Must.Meet.Mickey. All travel agent services are free, and can take the questions and worries out of planning your family vacation! Contact Melissa today!